Re: HVR3000, cx88_alsa, crackly audio

Since you are back looking at the HVR code though :-))  I do have two
other problems...

1) The TDA tuner on the HVR rarely gets detected, and I have to rmmod
tuner && modprobe tuner a couple of times to get it to appear.  Until I've
done this analog TV tuning doesn't work.

Odd.

2) I've been trying to get DVB-S to work.  Basically, it seems to be
working.  I've had a few problems getting it to tune into certain channels
and get a lock, but I can usually get it to lock on eventually by turning
on my satellite STB, tuning the channel on there and then turning it off
again.

Odd also.
Also, the picture quality on the HVR has a lot of artifacts in it (pretty
much all of the time) whereas my STB displays the picture fine with no
artifacts at all.  My sat-dish is connected to my STB, which has a
loop-through connection which I have connected to the HVR card, so the
signals should be the same quality (I assume).  The picture via the HVR is
watchable most of the time, but the artifacts are pretty annoying (and
usually seem to be across the middle of the screen rather than round the
edges where it wouldn't matter as much!)

If I can do anything to help testing wise, let me know as it would be nice
to get the DVB-S working well then I can hopefully get it running in
MythTv.

Thanks.

Drop me a private email with the list of modules you have loaded with analog tv and dvb-s is working. Maybe the ISL module is not being loaded (which is required for diseqc). However, let's try to keep the thread here public. It helps other people.

I tested the DVB-S stuff with an L-BAND modulator, meaning the 13/18v output (or perhaps lack of in this case) was irrelevant. It sounds like that could be an issue. I also have a small dish at home that I can test with.

Certainly, I have _not_ seen noise on the DVB-S transport unless it's being introduced in the environment. I'll double check this also.

It's been a while since I modified the 3000 patches (and they were a little rough around the edges). Time for more fixes I think.

Steve