Re: SAA7146 / TDA10046H problem

Hi, Nick

Nick Fearnley (Digital Media Projects Ltd.) wrote:
Hi,

I have been having problems getting a TT-1500T to work as discussed previously. I get exactly the same on a KNC1 DVB-T card. Essentially it's the same architecture - although on the TT the TDA is external to the tuner (a TD1316A) and the KNC uses the TU1216L. Incidenttally I needed to add the budget-av driver to the kernel to get the KNC even recognised, the TT not requiring this.

Through dvbtune I get the following:

./dvbtune -c 1 -f 626000000
tda1004x: setting up plls for 53MHz sampling clock
tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok
Using DVB card "Philips TDA10046H DVB-T"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 626000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS:
polling....
polling....

I have a completely different card in also (Nova-T - Conexant) which tunes no problem so I know the feed is fine.

I must have something configured wrong here for both cards not to work in the same way. Maybe a kernel driver? I do not enable module support - all built into the kernel. I have stripped everything I think I don't require from the kernel. Also all the DVB-S (SAA7146 and Conexant) that I use work fine, so I'm assuming it MUST be TDA or tuner related here. My timer is 1000Hz - but I'm not thinking this is an issue?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Nick

The card has a TD1316 tuner? Can you find a chip named TDA9889 on the
card? If yes, the channel decoder needs to be programmed differently.

Hartmut