Re: Re: Crash upon loading Nova-T 500 drivers

On 12/13/06, Robin Hill <dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's very odd - here's what I get (on a reboot, so the firmware
doesn't need reloading):

dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T).
DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and connected.

You're not trying to mix modules from the kernel tree & the v4l tree are
you?  I think you need to remove everything from
/lib/modules/XXXXXXX/kernel/drivers/media before running install on the
v4l tree.

I was using "make rminstall" to clean out the old ones but just to check i completely removed the media directory and did a distclean and then a make, make install. The problem still occured. It looks like mine is having a problem loading the firmware for some reason. I'm gonna try running the fedora updater on the system just to ensure its completely up to date and its not a problem with something else.

Mike