Re: please update the tuning file for uk-CrystalPalace

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 22:45 +0000, Stephan Bourgeois wrote:

Hmm, Ch27 (505.8333 Mhz) is now used for the ITV/Channel4 HDTV tests. So, with the original file, the modulation parameters will be wrong. And with a Freecom DVB-T USB stick, all I get is "ERROR: initial tuning failed".

Are you sure you're receiving crystal palace? That frequency carries BBC
1 where I am (N7). Do you have a roof antenna or get the signal from a
wall socket, possibly behind some distribution amplifier?

Hi Torgeir,
It is a building with a roof antenna and a distribution amplifier. I checked the orientation of the aerial, with a compass && OS map, it points straight to Crystal Palace. (I'm in NW6, aerial orientation is 154 degrees). I can also confirm that each multiplex matches the description found on http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TQ339712

Maybe there is something quirky with the Freecom DVB-T USB stick? I must also point out that I am using an old version of scandvb that comes from the Fedora Core 4 Extras repository. I haven't managed to build the new versions from mercurial.
This is getting interesting...
Yours,
Stephan.