Re: HVR1300 dvb low signal problems

> I can modprobe cx88-dvb and register the frontends - and they can be seen in > Mythtv - however when I go to view the cards I get very low signal strengths
> and Mythtv will not lock on.

I've just installed the drivers for my 1300 and noticed the same kinda thing. I've got a Nova-T too and it's fine, but the HVR-1300 seems to have very low signal strength. When tzapping / dvbstreaming stuff I ended up with files mostly filled with green artifacts and very bad sound, if any. In Kaffeine it was slightly better (mainly because it would only let me watch about 5 channels at all, those being the ones with the best quality) and I could only get one channel to display with little corruption, though the radio channels worked fine. The Nova-T on the other hand managed to scan for and play virtually everything with very little corruption.

That said, it was particually windy last night so reception wasn't the best, but it was deffinately better with the Nova-T.

Christopher