Re: Mantis + MB86A16 (VP-1034)

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 15:52 +0100, Michel Verbraak wrote:
> Manu Abraham schreef:
> > Michel Verbraak wrote:
> >
> > > Manu,
> > >
> > > I have realligned my dish to Astra 28.2 degrees instead of the Astra
> > > 19.2 degrees.
> > >
> > > I grabbed the source from your site from yesterday and had to apply only
> > > the following:
> > >
> > > void mantis_dma_start(struct mantis_pci *mantis)
> > > {
> > >         dprintk(verbose, MANTIS_DEBUG, 1, "Mantis Start DMA engine");
> > >
> > >         mantis_risc_program(mantis);
> > >         mmwrite(cpu_to_le32(mantis->risc_dma), MANTIS_RISC_START);
> > >         mmwrite( mmread( MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR ) | MANTIS_GPIF_RDWRN,
> > > MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR); // new
> > > //      mmwrite(MANTIS_GPIF_RDWRN, MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR); // old
> > >
> > >         mmwrite(0, MANTIS_DMA_CTL);
> > >         mantis->last_block = mantis->finished_block = 0;
> > >
> > >         mmwrite(mmread(MANTIS_INT_MASK) | MANTIS_INT_RISCI,
> > > MANTIS_INT_MASK);
> > >
> > >         mmwrite(MANTIS_FIFO_EN | MANTIS_DCAP_EN
> > >                                | MANTIS_RISC_EN, MANTIS_DMA_CTL);
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > Now I can do a Scan and get channels. Kaffeine and xine tune as wel as szap.
> > >

> > This is fine, looks fine, sounds fine.
> >

> I'm using only this patch to your source so I do not have distortion
> of my picture.
>
> <snip>
> > Regards,
> > Manu
> >

> Did some more testing today with the following results:
>
> 1. My total cable between computer, rotor and lnb was to long. I could
> see that my rotor signalled power low a lot and it was unstable with
> my other dvb card. I pulled about 2,5 meters out of my ~30 meter long
> cable and I had a stable power signal again all the way up to my lnb
> with a rotor in between.
> 2. The mantis driver with "changeset 4491: 276006546e29", and the
> above path, does support DiseqC 1.2 now. I can control my rotor
> without problems. So this is great news for me.
> 3. I have not tested this completely but I cannot get all the
> transponders on each satellite. I tested Astra 19.2 and 28.2 so far
> and not all the transponders can be tuned into. I will try to create a
> list of working and not working transponders and post the result to
> this list. Maybe my LNB is of because I have the same result within
> Windows. Hope this is not a problem of the card it self.
>

> Regards,
>
> Michel.

Hi Michel,
my Card works since today and I have similar Problems with Scanning.
Can't scan some Transponders. In my fresh Channellist I can't find
ProSieben Germany, for example.

Will try a new Scan tomorrow during my Work, maybe its an temp. Problem.
With Windows I can access all Transponders on Astra 19.2E.

Bye and good Night, Elmar