dst_attach and dst_ca_attach problem

Hi everybody,
the following is a necessary comment responding to a mail from end of November:
I wrote:
Should I have done so? Fact is I waste 38 kB of Ram with two completely
enseless DST modules being compiled and loaded into RAM although I do not
need them at all!

Chritoph Pfister wrote:
1) with a 2.6.17+ kernel they aren't loaded (check modinfo dvb-bt8xx)
so you can simply remove / not install those modules

Sorry, Chris:
With kernel 2.6.19 the partial destructive patch that I published several times now on this mailing list
is the only chance to get rid of DST and DST_CA.
If I simply delete them, dvb-bt8xx.ko simply does not load.

I just asked everybody to offer a non destructive interims fix until the new backend is ready.
Instead of this Manu Abraham nacks my docu patch - incredible!
Al I was asking for is and was a solution that does not execute dst_attch and dst_ca_attach
as default behaviour. It wwould just be very kind and pragmatic to offer an interims fix for that problem
until the bttv-independent backend will be mature.

Apart from that I get a 0 kB tarball if I try to download the new backend tree as tar.bz2.
Can you check and fix this please?

Cheers

Uwe