Re: PATCH: 2 patches against current Mercurial tree

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:08:49 +0400
Von: Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx>
An: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>
Betreff: Re:  PATCH: 2 patches against current Mercurial tree

> Hello Uwe,
>
> Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> > Thanks for the excellent work done by Michael Krufky and Mauro Chehab in
> the last few days! Well Done, guys!
> > I tested yesterday's mercurial tree against 2.6.19-rc6.
> > As I stated already, the only card in my machine is a Pinnacle PCTV Sat.
> > And I consequently want to save RAM, i. e. avoid modules that are not
> necessary for this card to function well.
>

> Have you ever taken a look at how much RAM is wasted by the modules in
> (media/video) media/video/bt8xx ?
No, should I have done so? But, please, why don't you just sit down trying to make dst and dst_ca deselectable? That would be the priority seen through my eyes.

> What you loose here is nothing in comparison to that. Most of the
> hopelessness in DVB stuff comes because of hopeless dependencies in V4L.
> (just count how many hopeless V4L modules are loaded)
Maybe! But I still think you should continue going the path Michael went by overworking the dvb_pll.c stuff. That made me really happy!

> If you keep quiet and try to help, you will see better drivers, to have
> a sneak preview you can look here which will avoid using the
> media/video/foobar and all nonsense.
>
> http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/cx878_3
>

> So try to cooperate, by testing that tree, eventhough work is going on.
> Might be incomplete for the time being.
I'll do what I can. Promised! But please make dst stuff deselectable as soon as possible, OK?

> Manu

Cheers
Uwe