Re: DiB3000M-C/P & 'warm' USB ProductId

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>> What is right way to  get 'warm' USB ProductId?
>
> The ID is changing, after the firmware has downloaded.

What I found:

1. device have 16KB eeprom
2. in windows in USB snooper logs I don't see big enough transfers
(firmware upload over USB)
3. in windows drivers I can't find anything which may look like firmware

So I suppose device load firmware from eeprom. So it's always in 'warm'
state.

>> I ask because i play with unsupported DiB3000M-C/P type card (ASUS
>> MyCinema U3000) and I can get only default ProductId - 1713
>
> Can you please try a lsusb in Linux? You will see all USB devices with
> their IDs.
I know lsusb command :-)

> After that, you can try to add those IDs to dibusb-mc.c to make the driver
> claim the device.

I already tried.

1. If I set coldid=productid and warmid=fakeid then
   device hangs badly - device disappears from usb device list and
system is unresponsive  for few minutes.

2. If I set coldid=fakeid and warmid=productid then
   in kernel log  I see some transfer errors.
   Later I will investigate this configuration deeper.

IMHO current linux drivers will not work with IR remote part because:
1) for IR remote windows drivers use interrupt transfers but linux
drivers  - pooling.
2) keycodes don't match to any linux driver

Raimonds Cicans