Re: Hauppauge NOVA-T-500

Hi,

I'm including the linuxtv mailing list. I hope you don't mind.

On Sunday 19 November 2006 23:05, Robin Hill wrote:
> On Sun Nov 19, 2006 at 10:52:21PM +0100, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 November 2006 20:39, Marco Hahn wrote:
> > > I saw your messages about the NOVA-T-500 on the MythTV list. Is
> > > this problem with the EIT hangs resolved meanwhile? Or is this
> > > possibly a hardware glitch that may cause hangs even during
> > > normal viewing (EIT disabled)?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your info, I'm really interested in the card, but
> > > crashes would be an absolute showstopper ...
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the USB disconnects happen randomly. Since most
> > backends are most of the time idle ist more probable that the
> > disconnects happen while eit scanning. There is not really a
> > difference between eit scanning and recording.
> > I'm not even sure that the disconnects do not happen then the
> > device isn't used.
>
> I don't think that's the case - with EIT scanning enabled mine
> crashes within a couple of hours but I've left it running for over 24
> hours recording LiveTV without any crashes.

Recording live tv on just one adapter or both? Are both adapters used by
mythtv? Does it works longer if you increase the eit scan transponder
timeout (mythtv-setup -> general)?

> I suspect the crashes may be linked to channel changes/retuning.

I can't really tell since my card is pretty stable. The last three
disconnects were on 15., 10. and 1. november. Debugging rare events is
painful.

Janne