Re: Re: 3 patches for Kernel 2.6.19-rc5

Uwe,

it's fine if you say that your patch isn't perfect, but the subject of
this mail is misleading then.

I don't know if you've been around in IRC as well during the last few
weeks, it really seems like everyone's busy with several things
already.

"And their reference to specific cards is anything but visible and clear! And the
reason for that is NOT, as always stated, lack of time, but simply INCOMPETENCE!"

Note you cannot simply change what's already used by other people,
proper testing requires time.. If you know a better approach post the
patch, maybe join IRC and try to discuss it..

If you have any problems with Manu, I'd really say try to work it out
with him.. I know sometimes it's difficult. If it doesn't work out
just wait for other comments he's not the only developer here and many
people have their own views on several topics.

"NO! You are just removing DST support from the driver! Saves some memory
for your board, but breaks support for a large number of boards."

get your patch right and if it works correctly ask again if someone
can review/comment your code, I don't know if anyone has some extra
time left to work with you on the proposed changes.. I really doubt
that..

And regarding Mauro I completly have to disagree with you. He took
over the responsibility for v4l-dvb he multiplexes the work of several
people and spends alot  time for everything. And if you start any
discussion with him he seriously points you out to technical
solutions. If something's wrong ask why it's wrong and aknowledge it -
and try to get it right by yourself (again the time reason comes in
here)

Markus