On 11/17/06, Peter M. <peter.mdk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Markus,

Thanks for your mail.

I have just joined the list today.

2006/11/17, Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> could you test:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb-stable
>
> this should at least fix the tzap, this is just 1/4 of what has to be
> done to make it stable.

What problem with tzap? For me it works for Nova-T adapter 0,1,2,3.
Not for device 4,5,6. I think it has something to do with udev device
major numbers. I'm currently upgrading my laptop to Debian Etch which
should give me a more modern udev.

1/4 of work to get v4l-dvb stable or just the drivers for Nova-T stick?

1/4 of getting the dvb-core stable.
If you unplug a device the driver will release the resources
immediatelly, but the userspace applications will keep the filehandles
open.
As soon as userspace tries a read() when the device is unplugged it
will try to access the already freed memory and this causes the oops..

This is also something I work on beside merging my current em28xx
driver/tuner-core driver...

cheers,
Markus