Re: initial tuning files - differences between kaffeine and dvb-apps

2006/11/16, Christoph Pfister <christophpfister@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi

I found another (and don't worry: it's the last) set of differencies between
the files kaffeine distributes and those which are in dvb-apps ...

dvb-data-0 (and tus the "-" lines) are current dvb-apps while dvb-data-4 (and
the "+" lines) is kaffeine's version.

Can anybody give me pointers which one is more appropriate / what could be
added to dvb-apps?

de-Berlin: kaffeine's version contains some more entries / different bandwidth
setting for two channels
de-Stuttgart: different fecs / different description of transmitter location

es-Sevilla: kaffeine has different guard interval for channel (likely not
correct)

es-Sevilla is the same as dvb-apps' version before
http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps?cmd=changeset;node=f0ab69802aba;style=gitweb
so apparently dvb-apps version is better / superseding.

fr-Grenoble, fr-LeHavre: kaffeine contains +166khz offset / more precise fec,
guard interval (when correct ...)

Christoph

Christoph