Re: HDHomeRun experience

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> My buddy also says the tuners on it are better quality than the one on
> his pcHDTV HD-3000 (can't recall exactly how "better" was qualified
> though).

Of its components, according to the info purported in this thread:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1908:

- the frontends of its receivers are using ICs from the Zoran/Oren
Cascade2 demodulator family.  I'm not sure if that's a Zoran re-branded
name of the 2nd generation of Oren Cascade family (e.g. OR51132) or if
it refers to a newer generation of ICs.

- "The processor is an ip3k - 250MHz/MIPS running ipOS".  When I put
ip3k into google the first hit is a Ubicom processor family for
wireless...that sort of makes sense, but doesn't, so I suspect that
might not be the IC being referenced.   As for ipOS, I would assume its
a embedded OS specialized in networking, but google/Wikipedia provide no
clues on a cursory search.