Re: [av7110/budget/budget-ci/budget-av drivers] please test: drivers switched to I2C interrupt mode

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> e9hack wrote:
>
>> Oliver Endriss wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks to Hartmut, I2C transfers of the saa7146 may now use interrupt
>>> mode. It will be enabled for av7110, budget, budget-ci and budget-av
>>> drivers. This might reduce cpu load and speed-up tuning.
>>>

>> The Cinergy 1200 DVB-C card needs a second patch. The frontend is
>> accessed to fast after power-on/enable. The non interrupt mode starts a
>> retry after an address error. This gives the frontend the time for
>> power-on. The interrupt mode trusts the error logic of the SAA7146 and
>> doesn't use retries.
>>

> Thanks. I updated my repositories
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring
>
> I'll submit the patches to HG Master on Sunday.
>
> Oliver

I've tested my patch on another computer with a Cinergy 1200C. The delay
of 10ms is too short. The value may be depend on the tolerance of some
electronic parts. I prefer to increase the delay to 100ms.

- Hartmut