Re: Kworld XPert DVB-T and 2.6.18

Duncan Brown wrote:
> Hey Guys
>
> I seem to have the same problem as a few on this list. My Kworld Xpert
> DVB-T card will not get a lock on 2.6.18. Switching back to 2.6.17 and
> it works perfectly.
>
> This is on FC5, and lspci gives:
>
> 00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
> and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
>
> Has anyone got anything useful to offer as everyone else seems to have
> drawn a blank on this list?

I do not know the answer to this question, but I have looked into it a
bit -- I figure it would be a good idea to share the info that I have,
in case it may help somebody else to solve the issue:

When I saw this email, immediately I thought of the i2c indirect pll
access regression in 2.6.18  ...  see here for the fix:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/mkrufky/v4l-dvb-2.6.18.y.git;a=commit;h=219c30149f8145122ecfb1c6d4ee59945d3362ec

Unfortunately, this issue does not apply to the KWorld Xpert DVB-T card,
which is more or less based on the Conexant DVB-T reference design,
using a cx22702 DVB-T demod and a Thomson dtt7579 pll -- I do not yet
know of any particular regressions involving the drivers for those
components.

Who else is seeing problems like this?  What hardware are you using?

Regards,

Michael Krufky