Re: FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital2

On Tue, October 31, 2006 9:59 pm, Bonne Eggleston wrote:

> I have a Gentoo box set up with MythTV, which I currently only use for
> dvds/divx. I'm planning to get a HDTV Tuner card. I was looking at the
> FusionHDTV Dual Digital (1) but now I can't get it anywhere. How far off
> do you think before the Dual2 drivers are fully working? It seems like
> there's some work going into it. Or am I better off just getting a Pro
> version (and realising that there's never anything good on one channel let
> alone two at the same time)? Could I be of any assistance?

My experience with it hasn't been fantastic.  It still won't tune SBS
(local UHF station here in Melbourne, Australia).  Just recently one of
the frontends stopped loading after a cold boot.  I need to do some
investigation to get to the bottom of this recent frontend problem, but
due to the tuning problem I'm just about ready to turf it and get
something else.  Most of the programs I want to capture are on the one
station I can't tune :)  So frontend problems or not, it aint terribly
useful in it's current state.

The guy who wrote the drivers (Chris Pascoe) was fantastic with it all,
but I don't want to keep wasting his time with this silly tuning problem.
My signal is borderline (68dBmv), so in the end it could just turn out
that this card doesn't like the signal in my area.

To the other people on this list in Oz who had problems tuning UHF
stations - what did you end up doing?  Were the problems resolved?  Is
there a workaround?

Luke