Re: uk dvb-t offset frequency weirdness

On 31 Oct 2006, at 17:59, Robert Schlabbach wrote:

From: "Torgeir Veimo" <torgeir@xxxxxxxxx>
I'm getting some strange dvb-t signal and am trying to figure out
why. Summarized, the transponders I'm received are the following (one
channel per transponder):

ITV 1, previously on 481833, now on 482000 (ch 22, negative offset)

Where are you getting this "now" frequency from? Simply from a tuning
attempt, or does the NIT actually reflect the frequency change? Have you tried running the "raw" stream of these channels through DVBSNOOP to see
what frequencies are reported in the NIT?

My terminology knowledge is a bit limited, so I'll explain what I experience; if I set VDR to add new transponders, it will loose the signal, since it appears to want to retune to the frequencies with the offset applied. I guess that means that the NIT doesn't reflect the frequency change.

The "now" frequencies I found using w_scan. Is dvbsnoop part of linux dvb apps?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@xxxxxxxxx