Re: udev problem with ASUSTeK P7131 Dual

hermann pitton wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 24.10.2006, 19:55 +0200 schrieb Frédéric Massot:

[...]
dunno, saa7134-dvb and saa7134-alsa seems to be loaded manually or by
options in /etc/modprobe.conf or similar, but you use a very recent
version of udev and maybe it is related to, that your subsystem
1043:4876 of the new card variant is not known yet.

Anyway, you might try to
"hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb";
with mercurial installed or to download a gz/bz2 snapshot from Hartmut's
tip of the tree and use it. (dvb-fe-tda10046.fw)

This quite different card with new layout and missing firmware eeprom is
in the auto detection there and you need it for testing DVB-T, after you
have downloaded recent firmware, preferably from LifeView, with the
get_dvb_firmware script and put it in the appropriate directory for
Debian.

Since you seem to be in France, you should set the secam=L option for
saa7134 ("modinfo saa7134") for analog television and/or force SECAM-L
with a TV application like xawtv.

There is another pitfall in France for DVB-T.
You very likely will have to add a positive offset of 167000Hz to each
channel in the initial scan file of your transmitter, else the frontend
won't lock.

The current driver tries to switch automatically to the FM/RF antenna
input when in dvb mode. This works flawlessly for the originally
supported version of this card. However, for your version we have a
report, that a radio app needs still to be used once, before the FM/RF
(dvb-t) antenna input will become active.

Maybe you can confirm or deny that problem.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. :o)

For information, my DVB-T card (subsystem 1043:4876) has these components :
- SAA7131E  (chipset)
- TDA10046A  (chipset)
- TQ 32.110  (Quartz)

The remote control has this reference : PC-39

When I boot without the IR receptor, I have this dmesg output :
  gpio is 0
When I boot with the IR receptor, I have this dmesg output :
  gpio is 40000

I rebuilt the kernel (2.6.18.1) with the modules saa7134-dvb and saa7134-alsa, when they are loaded with modprobe the directory "/dev/dvb" appears. It is astonishing that they should be loaded with modprobe so that the directory appears. Is this because it is a version under development?

Then, I downloaded (25/10/2006) the bz2 snapshot from Hartmut's tip and the firmware (dvb-fe-tda10046.fw) from LifeView. I rebuilt the kernel (2.6.18.1) without V4L and I build the modules from this snapshot.

The card ASUSTeK P7131 Dual is automatically recognized with number 78, great !

I connected the internal audio connector of DVB card on the AUX input of the sound card.

For analog television, I loaded the module tuner with "secam=L", with XdTV I receives the channel, the image is not very stable and I do not have a sound. I have an external antenna. Previously with a Pinnacle PCTV card (BT848) the image was good and I had the sound, with an external cable between the tuner card and the sound card.

For DVB-T television, I use the fr-Vannes scan file, I had a positif offset of 167000 Hz in this file. The scan (dvb-utils) command does not detect any channel. With Kaffeine, the signal bar graph indicates a signal between 60% and 70%, and Kaffeine does not detect any channel.

I tested your trick with the command fmscan, but I had the error message SIO...

I will not be able to continue my tests and save output, I had a problem with the hard disk of my PC. There are a days when one should not start his PC. :o|

Regards.