Re: Megasky on 2.6.18

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to work out how to compile the megasky driver under 2.6.18.
> I don't know enough about hg to see if there is an easy way to do this.
> Can I somehow magically pull in the changes between the megasky tree and
> the v4l-dvb tree?

The megasky tree is up-to-date enough -- You should be able to build it
against any recent kernel.

If you absolutely MUST use the megasky tree in conjunction with all of
the updates in the master branch, here is how:

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
cd v4l-dvb
hg pull -u http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/megasky
hg update -m
make
sudo make install
reboot

Again, you shouldnt need to do this.

If you find problems with the drivers in the megasky tree, please revert
to the vanilla megasky tree alone, before reporting bugs.  Standard method:

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/megasky
cd megasky
make
sudo make install
reboot

Please also keep in mind that I am not the developer of these megasky
drivers, I am only helping to store the contributions into a central
repository.  Please provide feedback to the linux-dvb mailing list, so
that the actual authors can use your feedback to improve the driver.

Please provide feedback regardless of whether you have a good or bad
experience -- Hopefully we will be able to merge this into the master
repository sooner than later.  :-)

Good Luck

--
Michael Krufky