Re: Patch for Yuan PD300 mini

Ben Woods wrote:
> Ok - i see.
>
> Is there anyway we can include the correct cold boot id for my device
> without breaking it for other devices? mkrufky - you were quite
> helpful with this once before... any ideas?

It's rather simple, actually.  Rather than replacing the current pid with yours, what you need to do
is add an additional pid to dvb-usb-ids.h.  Then add the new id's to the driver's usb table, reference
them in the device properties, and increase num_device_descs.

For example, the changeset in the following link does just what you're trying to do now, but with a
different device:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=ac9ffb90b8d0d28e3d9e5b5a045ee870a6269b5f

In your case, you are creating a new entry, using 0x220 as the cold id, and 0x221 as the warm id.  Since
that warm idea is already recognized by the driver, you only have to add the missing cold id.

Your patch should look very similar to the one in the link above.

Hope this helps,

Mike