Re: MSI Megasky 580 using Uli m9206 - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/m920x

Markus Rechberger wrote:
Hi,

On 10/4/06, Gunther Mayer <gunther.mayer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Michael Krufky wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Could you look over the changesets in this tree and let me know whether
> or not you approve of this?
>
> Aapo,
>
> After you sent your patch in to the linux-dvb mailing list, Patrick had > some comments and requests for certain things to be cleaned up. I have
> not seen any response from you about those requests.
>
> In an effort to move things along, I have taken it upon myself to clean
> up your patch.  I've updated it to comply with some of the recent
> changes in the dvb-usb structure, and to use the new dvb_attach() method.
>
> I have also separated the qt1010 tuner code into a separate header file.
>  It has come to my attention, thanks to Markus Rechberger, that there
> may be more fixing to do with regards to the qt1010 stuff... but that
> can be done later, in a separate patch.
>
> I'd like it if you could test the updated tree and confirm that it works
> as expected with your device.  Please clone the following tree:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/m920x
>
> You will notice that I have decided to rename the driver from megasky to
> m920x -- I did this for a few reasons:
>
> 1) There are probably other devices out there based on the m9205, m9206 > and m9207 chipsets ... Adding support for those devices will probably be
> a matter of updating the code in this driver, in which case, the name
> 'megasky' may be inappropriate.
>
> 2) There is another device out there, called "MSI Megasky 580", based on
> the gl861 chipset, using the same exact usb id as your device based on
> the m9206 chipset.  This means that MSI released two completely
> different devices, each with the same exact name and USB ID!

I believe you are wrong, the USB IDs differ:
0db0:5580 = MSI Megasky 580 (with m920x)
0db0:5581 = MSI Megasky 580 (with gl861)

I just put in my one and yes it's 0x5581 for the gl861 version

However, I would like to receive photos of both pcb sides for
www.bttv-gallery.de

Gunther, could you do us a favour and split up your site a bit..
The index file already takes around 2.6 MB (without images) .. it's a
browser killer at the moment..
If the system hangs this is a bug in the linux kernel.
However I admit the page takes some memory (browser consumes about 150M
and X allocates about 800M, so you probably need at least 1GB Ram).

Sorry, I have no time to split it up and I like the fact you can search through all cards with CTRL-F.

I consider to generate a page with much smaller pictures (or b/w)
-
Gunther