Re: New Hama stick (Was Re: Hama dvb-t usb stick)

Hi!

2006/10/5, Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Is there any kind of pre-release of this driver? Do I need kernel
patches? Anyway to test it now?
I haven't found any in the different branches of the version control
system. Anyone had more luck?
But I found a thread  about a similar device with DibCom 7700:
http://pvrweb.com/bbs-old/viewtopic.php?t=43313
AVerMedia provides a driver on
http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/support_driverbympdpro.asp?category=TV%20USB%20Box&category2=Digital&proname=150#
But the source only contains object files for the DibCom 7700 part
(similar to NVidia and ATI with their graphics drivers).

Btw: This is what Hama responded to my 'Why the f*** don't you support
Linux and what hellish kind of chip is on this device?'(;))-Email:
"The chip is kind of buiseness-secret and we don't support Linux for
technical reasons not to make our customers angry."
I got a more polite response from Hama and they confirmed me that the
stick uses the DibCom 7700B chip. Hopefully this information can help
somehow.

Henning