Re: [patch 0/8] budget_ci: improve IR input handling

On 3 Oct 2006, at 21:43, C.Y.M wrote:

David Härdeman wrote:
On Tue, October 3, 2006 2:33, C.Y.M said:
David Härdeman wrote:
This series of patches includes a number of bugfixes and changes to the
IR input handling of the budget-ci driver.
If these patches are successful, can they also be implemented into the
regular nexus-s ir drivers too?

Which driver is that? av7110?

Yes.

I have the same lirc issues with my full featured
nexus card as others do with hauppauge budget cards.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow...the ir driver for the av7110 uses the Linux input system (i.e. appears as a keyboard more or less), why use
LIRC? Exactly what issues do you have?

If I want to use Mythtv with the Nexus-S, then I have to use LIRC. But, everyone that I talk to with a hauppauge card seems to have a "double key press"
problem when trying to use LIRC with those built in IR sensors.

Those double keypress issues are also present when using the linux input system, it's not LIRC dependent at all.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@xxxxxxxxx