Re: Re: DVB-S on quad TV tuner card from Medion PC MD8800

In the case of the cx2388x cards, Hauppauge has an HVR3000 card that has
both DVB-T and DVB-S demods on it.  Only one can be used at a time, as
they would share a single transport to move the ts data.

Steve Toth has been working on the 8802-mpeg port functionality of the
cx88 driver, and he has created this device_acquire method, that allows
the driver to select which frontend has access to a bus at any given moment.

You might want to take a look at his tree for ideas:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr1300-final?cmd=changeset;node=4b846f1d939b;style=gitweb

This tree doesnt yet deal with multiple DVB frontends, but it does deal
with MPEG Encoder vs. DVB-T demod.  I believe the multiple frontend
support is coming next, but I havent asked him about that.

I'm going to do the HVR3000 patch tonight, showing multiple demods on a single bus.

FYI

Steve