Re: Re: m920x crash

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Michael Krufky wrote:

> Martin Schwier wrote:
> > Hi!
>
> Martin, I hope you dont mind that I added cc to the linux-dvb list.
>
> I pushed up a few patches about an hour ago, tip changeset is:
>
> c0f7293d1ac6 - m920x: move qt1010_tuner_attach function into qt1010.h
>
> if you do, 'hg heads', is this the revision that you're using?  If not,
> please update and try again.
>

> > I'm not a developer but I just tried out your driver
> > (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/m920x) with my MSI Megasky 580 on linux
> > 2.6.18 and i got this:
>
> Aapo, I just pushed up some more cleanup patches... Is the problem
> described below my fault?  Can you test the current tree on your device
> and reproduce this error?
>
> Patrick has given his Ack on the new dvb-usb module... I was just about
> to email you asking to test the tree before I request a merge to Mauro,
> but then I got this email from Martin.  Since I don't have this device,
> myself, I dont have any way to test it.
>
> Can you look into this, Aapo?

I looked at it:

line 165 in m920x.c is accessing the adapter[0]. Because frontend_attach
is called (which again is using i2c to identify zarlink) during/before the
initialization of the adapter.

The if in 165 is very ugly. (What is the meaning of the value assigned to
w_len? I2C clock/speed? I2C port?).

Patrick.