Re: MSI Megasky 580 using Uli m9206 -- http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/m920x

Hi Aapo,

First some comments to your patch.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Aapo Tahkola wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:21:08 -0400
> Couple improvements in this patch:
> -hardware pid filtering no longed enabled unless in usb 1.x mode

You actually don't need to do this. The dvb-usb-stuff is looking for that
already and adjusts itself depending on the properties set:

DVB_USB_ADAP_PID_FILTER_CAN_BE_TURNED_OFF - means, the PID filter is
turned off when USB2.0 is detected, on otherwise.

DVB_USB_ADAP_NEED_PID_FILTERING - means, regardless whether there is
USB2.0 or not, the PID filter is used.

Setting both makes no sense.

Please check if this is sufficient for and adapt your patch.
> It stalls with silence if I modprobe the driver and plug in the stick.
> If I plug in and then modprobe, nothing happens.
> Compiling linux-2.6.18 to see if that sorts it out. Doesn't seem to be
> related to m920x code though...

Can you load the dvb-usb.ko with debug=0x(something, see modinfo
dvb-usb.ko)? Maybe it loops somewhere.

Patrick.