Re: HDTV tuning.

OK, I've tried again changing aerial (I was suign the FM signal, now TV).
It does not matter for watching (same quality) but kaffeine cannot
scan properly using the former.

Anyway, no way to scan or tune Channel 4, ITV or five HDTV.
BBC HD1 works, but it seems that my laptop if too slow: mplayer keeps
saying that it is using 400% of the CPU and image goes very slow.

VLC does not work properly, only the first frame and then those errors

libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS duplicate (received 0, expected 1) for PID 0
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS duplicate (received 0, expected 1) for PID 100
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS duplicate (received 0, expected 1) for PID 0
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS duplicate (received 0, expected 1) for PID 100

What is the status of the art for HDTV?

On 9/26/06, Mario Rossi <mariofutire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > T 554000000 8MHz 2/3 2/3  QAM64  8k 1/32 NONE

I can only scan if I set QAM64 not QPSK (which worked 3/4 months ago
when I tried the first time).

Since then, I moved, before I was in Victoria and I used a T cable
aerial (the one that is often sold for FM radios), while now I live in
Aldgate East and I use the aerial of the building.

Maybe I was closer to the transmitter before and now there is not
enough power to get the signal.

I've tried kaffeine 0.8.2 but scanning both for AUTO and
uk-CrystalPalace only finds 8 TVs and 1 Radio, while scan (from
dvb-apps) finds many channels (and BBC HD1).

How do you tell kaffeine to scan for HDTV?