Re: V4L vs DVB [bcc][faked-from][heur][spam-bayes]

Mark Howells wrote:
> Hi Steve

Couple of differences.

EPG, as regards to DVB is extracted from the Service Information (MPEG2
SI) V4L doesn't use any MPEG SI

DVB uses the dvr (/dev/dvb/adapterX/dvrY) device for a MPEG stream.
V4L uses /dev/v4l/videoX or /dev/videoX

Basically, V4L is used for analog stuff.

Manu