RE: V4L vs DVB

I don't really want a V4L interface - I'd probably prefer DVB - espeically as my main requirement is for a recording environment on a low power device (NSLU2). I only latched onto the v4l thing as I saw that there's some support for eMPIA 28XX devices there already. Given that this is a DVB-T usb stick, is it likely that a DVB interface will be easier to provide? And can a V4L driver be readily adapted to DVB ?

Mark