CONVERT32 function in stb0899_lla.c

Hi,

I don't understand the meaning of the function CONVERT32.
It seems to be the same as a memcpy on bigendian machines.
But what is the reson for the trailing "\0".
Or should this be some kind of "convert to BASE16"
(e.g. sprintf(str, "%08x", x)).

The function is called by stb0899_get_dev_id,
but here is an off-by-one issue:
the char __[] variables have a size of 4 bytes.
But CONVERT32 writes 5 Bytes.

I've got a Pinnacle PCTV HDTV Sat Pro USB (0x2304,0x021f)
which seems to have a STB0899 STB6100 chipset.
I played with libusb from userspace and discovered how to
set LNB voltage (seems to be a LNBP22) and
 send DiSEqC commands.
The basic usb communication looks very similar to dvb-ttpci-budget.

Next step was kernel driver:
I downloaded the stb0899 driver from here:
http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/mp-stb0899

What is the current status of this driver?
Should DVB-S work? or even DVB-S2?

So far my driver recognizes the pctv452e-device, registers a
dvb-frontend and dvb-demuxer
and it is able to do LNB voltage settings.
I had no antenna connected yet (lack of long cable)
and could not do real tuning/receiving tests.
But I'll do that today and report again.

Thanks,
 Dominik