Re: NOVA-T-500

Robert Stanford wrote:

I saw the post

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg18747.html

------------------

Was the DiB3000MC driver update that you released last month enough to support the Nova-T-500 or is there still something that's dependent on the DiB7700
driver to get this working?

Yes. Two things: the dib0700-usb-bridge-interface + a mechanism in dvb-usb to handle two frontends on one device, both is almost ready, but I have no time to clean up and commit. And I have to cleanup before I can commit _anything_.

regards,
Patrick.

1. Is there any news on when this will be committed?

2. Is this list (linux-dvb) the best place to watch for when the driver has been committed?

1. It was committed to Patrick's repository coming up to a week ago now. It works, but only for the first tuner. The second tuner will not receive a lock. Patrick is aware of this and I'm sure he'll find a fix soon!

2. This list is the best place to look, and watch for Patrick's posts. In fact, search for his post within the last week where he talks about committing it, and everyone else talks about testing it and finding out these problems.

I still have reception problems on one TV channel using the card (ABC Melbourne) but other channels seem to be OK. This may be a modulation issue or it may be a reception issue - but I've never had any problems receiving ABC before, so I am thinking it may be something else. I just haven't had the time to check it out in too much detail yet.

Denis.