RE: Where does the firmware come from

Alan,

I did reply to your last email - both directly to you and to the list on Tuesday 5th Sept. Basically the firware is a compiled programme, created by the hardware vendor, that allows the (general purpose) chipset to be dedicated to a particular use. It's normally only available in binary form and mods are not easily made. Even if you had the sources you'd need appropriate compilation tools and very detailed documentation for the stick.

In summary, there's nothing you can do, except (I suppose) lobby the manufacturer to make changes for you.

BTW, I am still no further with my Freecom stick which exhibits the same issues as yours (recv_bulk failures and odd tuning requirements). I suspect that the recv_bulk errors are due to a poor USB implememntation on the stick - it does draw a lot of power. I'm going to try running mine against an independantly powered hub for comparison.

Regards

Mark