Re: Twinhan 1025 FC4 kernel 2.6.11

Cornel van Lingen (PDT) wrote:
> Hi All,

Cornel-

Please stop creating new threads about the same topic...  Since your
emails are all about the same thing, please keep the subject in tact.
This way, the thread will show up correctly in our mailers.

> I now have the Twinhan 1025 card working nicely on Kernel 2.6.17.11 and
> Fedora 4 distro. (Any body need some help, I have compiled enough kernels.
> so ask).

Good.

> Who can tell me how difficult it would be to get the latest v4l-dvb code to
> compile on the 2.6.11 kernel that Fedora 4 ships with?

Nearly impossible.  (note the use of the word, 'nearly')  You would have
to implement backwards-compat for the older kernel...  I enabled
backwards compat for the dvb tree all the way through 2.6.12 -- any
earlier isnt worth it -- just use a newer kernel.

> Is there somebody who can help me with this please?

The sources in the v4l-dvb tree are backwards compatable with _vanilla_
kernels through 2.6.12 ...  SOME dvb drivers will build and work
properly with kernels as old as 2.6.10, but no older...  The same goes
for the v4l modules.  However: the hybrid drivers that require parts
from both v4l and dvb sybsystems will not work properly with any kernel
prior to 2.6.12

--
Michael Krufky