Re: kernel reboot needed after unplugging dvb-t usb in use.

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Alan Chandler wrote:

> On Saturday 09 September 2006 08:22, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > Now that everything is more stable, I have been able to experience this
> > problem in more controlled conditions and it appears to be related to some
> > form of race condition where the /dev/dvb/adapterN disappears whilst it is
> > being used.  At least the action that caused the problem was unplugging the
> > usb connector on the tuner whilst tzap was using it.  This caused the crash
> > below.
>
> Its now happened spontaneously, without unplugging anything.  It may be that
> the dvb-usb module de-initiallised itself.
>
> I have left tzap running for about 3 or 4 hours on in two separate sessions
> with the two tuners, tuned to different channels.

2 Problems here: First the DVB-core is not hotpluggable - that's why you
get the Oopses. Second something is wrong with your USB, device or host.
That the device sporadically disconnects while being used is an indicator
for faulty hardware.

regards,
Patrick.

--