Re: dvbtools vs. dvb-apps?

On Monday 04 September 2006 10:32, Chris Malarky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an equivalent to this command:
>
> # dvbtune -f 11473000 -p V -s 33300 -n 110
>
> using just the programs available in dvb-apps?
>
> The stream I'm tuning in to is a multicast network stream rather than an
> audio/video stream, and doesn't show up in the initial results from
> scan, but does appear when running dvbtraffic.
>
> If I want to use (s)zap then I need the PID to show up in my
> channels.conf, right?
>
> (I've attached my initial scan data and dvbtraffic output.)

Hi again Chris :)

You can do that with the latest dvb-apps from hg (note: NOT the released 1.1.1
tgz).

First, edit the channels file output by scan, and create a dummy channel for
the transponder carrying the data stream. Note: set the service id (the last
number on the line) to -1 for that channel.

Next tune to it with zap:
zap -channels <channelsfile> <channel name>

Finally, add a network adapter for that PID using dvbnet:
dvbnet -p  110

if you have more data streams, and they're on the same transponder, just
call "dvbnet -p <pid>" repeatedly and it'll set up more DVB network
interfaces for you.