Re: DVB Front-End Signal Strength Inconsistency

On 01/09/06, Bradley Kite <bradley.kite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 31/08/06, Andrew de Quincey < adq_dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On Thursday 03 August 2006 12:51, Bradley Kite wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please find attached a patch which fixes a few of the front-end
> signal-strength functions.
>
> The actual signal strength values returned by some front-ends are not
> consistent
> with others, meaning that it makes it hard for applications to interpret
> this consistently,
> this patch aims to correct this.

Looking closer, I would agree with the cx22702 fix... however the other two
(mt352 and cx22700) seem to already be 16 bit values (or close), so I'm not
sure whether the fixes for those two are valid or not....

Hi Andrew,

I've just checked these again, and I believe that all three DVB front-ends
return 8-bit values, by nature of the fact that the read_register() functions
return 8-bit values - but in the mt352 and cx22700 they are indeed stored
in 16-bit ints, but they are still only 8-bit.

Regards
--
Brad.

Hi Andrew,

I've just looked even closer this time and can see that the values returned from the
read_register functions are actually shifted any ways - so indeed there's no need to fix
the mt352 and cx22700 front-ends.

Would you like a new patch, or can you just apply the part for the cx22702?

Regards
--
Brad.