Re: kernel 2.6.17.xx && budget_av || tda1004x && stability && tuning

Hi,

Ronald Warsow wrote:
hi

i noticed some tuning and stability problems with kernels -gt 2.6.16 and
my budget-card "Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T" (frontend "Philips
TDA10046H").

googling, reading, reading, playing around, etc. i came to the idea to
check the firmware.

studying the script "get_dvb_firmware" and following the links i see
that the "provider" of the firmware holds a newer one (version 219g),
then mentioned in the script.

after playing/scaning/zapping the tv stations with the new firmware i
get the impression that all went quicker and with out any problems
(stability/tuning).

questions:

"how long" will it go all quicker and "proper" playing with the new
firmware not mentioned in the script ???
means: is it possible that my new "pleasure" is only from a short nature
leading definitely to the distress to spent some money on a new card ?

if not, should that script be changed ?

any idea's ?

The script in the official kernel distribution fetches a very old firmware
version (2.0), the recent and significantly improved version is 2.9.
In our repository, we have the otion to download the firmware from lifeview,
this is the recent version.
using it will not break your card.

Hartmut