Re: STB6100, STB0899 programming information?

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
From: "Manu Abraham" <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx>

Shortage of chips ? More than that, the Twinhan DVB-S2 card,
VP-1040 uses the Mantis PCI bridge, which is a new chipset as well.

Not new to me ;)

is Mantis a trademark or a manufacturer?
i want one but twinhan doesnt talk to me.

You can look at the STB0899 driver over here.
http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/mp-stb0899

Thank you very much! Now I have something work with :)))

a *huge* thing, eheh

ST has been quite kind to provide help to put this driver together.
They did provide information that which was missing from the datasheets
as well, as they wanted to go for a very good driver.

thats real nice, my excuses for bothering them.

How well is your driver working in its current state? I have quite some
issues with the TT DVB-S2 card using the Windows driver and software, such
as sometimes it being completely unable to tune to most transponders - and
I don't even know if this is only a driver bug or in fact a defective piece
of hardware I got here... :(

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
old noisy lnb, switchbox, cables? maybe some transponders need this new circular polarisation too, i think older lnb's cant detect it.
and 8/BPSK should be as noise sensitive like 256qam on dvb-c.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It requires some additional loops like checking for the Pilot symbols
(BC mode) etc Carrier Synchronization, Checking for Unique Words etc.
Hence it looks a bit complex.

Glah... :(

little disappointing, modern devices should be fully automatic and be capable of blind signal aquisition. too much software-overhead here. st got homework.

Best Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@xxxxxxx