New VP7045 with TDA10046 instead of MT352 (was: VP7045 tuner doesn't work)

Has no one else heard of one of these tuners using the TDA10046? This
must be something very new.

I have been studying the source code and it looks like vp7045-fe.c
contains similar code to mt352.c. The code in tda1004x.c could perhaps
be employed, don't yet see how to go about dynamically detecting which
of the two demod chips is present.

Also, I am unsure what the implications are as far as firmware files goes.

Any idea what the best course of action is? I'm happy to provide
whatever info is needed about this tuner (and in comparison with the
traditional variation), but it's been 10 years or more since I've
written any C code so I'm a bit scared to even try. :)

Cheers,

Chris