How to compile the firmware into the latest driver?

I've downloaded the latest driver source (v4l-dvb-79d6a1de784a)
from the Mercurial repository, but somehow I have a problem with it.

I want the AV7110 firmware to be compiled into the driver.
But I don't seem to be able to make it do that. I tried editing the
linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/Kconfig file and changed the default value
of DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE_FILE to point to my firmware file's location,
and also added 'default y' to DVB_AV7110 to have it activated.
After that I did 'make' in the top level directory of the driver
source, but it didn't compile the firmware into the av7110.o module.
There wasn't even an av7110_firm.h file generated.
Looking into the '.myconfig' file in the 'v4l' subdirectory I found

CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE                   := n

which probably explains why it wasn't compiled into the driver.

I sure must be doing something wrong here. What I want to do
is to download the latest driver source, unpack it, maybe run some
script that patches some files in order to have the firmware taken
from my custom location, and have it compiled into the driver.
All this should be done in batch mode, without me having to
respond to any menus or stuff like that.

Any idea how this can be achieved?

Klaus