From: hermann pitton [mailto:hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 18 August, 2006 11:56 AM
To: Chun Chung Lo
Cc: Hartmut Hackmann; linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Question about Frontend performance (TDA10046 +
TD1316)

Am Freitag, den 18.08.2006, 10:25 +0800 schrieb Chun Chung Lo:
> Thanks !
>
> But unluckily my STB is using LINUX kernel 2.4.20 as base platform,
> and this cannot be changed (since lots of application also developed
> base on this LINUX kernel version).

Hi Lo Chung Chung,

yes, think we had this already somewhere else.

But no, on 2.4.20 bases nothing important concerning v4l2 saa7134!

It is totally outdated now, but a lot of work was done there.

After 2.4.19 v4l2 version1 it was the first one coming back to _some_
usability on version2 after for about three months nvrec and xawtv have
been the only usable (v4l2 saa7134) apps at all and v4l1-compat was
broken! The v4l list is full of it.

Cheers,
Hermann

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain
sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any
attachments is strictly prohibited.