Re: Thank you,and a another question re: Twinhan 1025 tuning

I see the ber and unc readings from szap are way out there. And signal and snr are too low. Is this just signal strength or is there someting else I can try? Any other insights?
Sync Lock looks good, maybe they've just switched to an encrypted stream. If it's jumping in and out of lock then you have trouble but if the lock is stable (typically 0x1f status) then it should be delivering transport to the kernel demuxer ready for your apps to use.

Have you grabbed the entire transport stream to disk for analysis?

From experience, the ber, unc and snr values aren't always consistent across products. I wouldn't put all of your faith in those. I tend to rely on status (ox1f) as the best indicator of true lock.

Now that you have the hardware close to working, use dvbtune -i to see if you can dump the pat/pmt packets.

Steve