Question about Frontend performance (TDA10046 + TD1316)

Hi all,

I am now working on a DVB-T STB projects. SAA7130HL + TDA10046A + TD1316
is used.

Previously I have made some tests on our STB. The TDA10046 + TD1316
status are monitored during all the tests performed, by using the 'tzap'
utilities (bundled in linuxtv-dvb-app-1.1.1)

Different degrees of corrupted TS is captured (a TS-to-PES software is
used to runtime convert the catpured TS to a normal mpeg2 movie).

There are different fields can be monitored by using 'tzap', such as
Signal Strength, SNR, BER, UNC, etc ... And I would like to know the
following things:

1. All tests has a zero UNC, but a little BER is recorded (about 120 out
of 128K). Will this is the main reason of the corrupted TS?

2. When BER > 0, is this means there exists some corrupted TS packets?
If no, what does BER > 0 means (under this circumstance)?

3. When UNC or BER (or both) > 0, will this means the discontinuity of
the TS stream?

4. Or the corruption of the captured TS is due to insufficient
processing speed of the driver? (DMA? Buffers processing?)

5. Will the TS stream BW (or other settings) affect the capture
performance? (I do not know but I have tried Test A and B several times
and the result are quite coherent, as stated above).

Please help and thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
Lo Chun Chung

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain
sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any
attachments is strictly prohibited.