Re: Please see if you can help: Twinhan VP 1025 DVB-S PCI Card

Dave Schile wrote:

> I suppose it could be a weak signal.  I am using an inline signal meter
> to aim the dish and it shows a signal.  How about polarization?  It
> turns out this LNB is Circular only (thank you Steven Toth).  How do I
> get dvbtune or other szap to use circular (L or R) polarity?  Is this
> supported in v4l-dvb?

The 1025 is not that sensitive to weak signals.

Whether it is H/V or L-R/R-L, both translates to 13/18V. There are some
LNB 's which don't work just alongwith 13/18V for a polarization change.

> Also, How do I get the dst_test to work?  I always get an error stating
> that the frontend can't open  /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0  Even after I create
> that node manually and set it's permissions I get that error with all
> invocations of dst_test.

dst_test is meant for CA devices only, not for FTA devices

Manu