Re: saa7134-dvb: tda1004x: pll set failed

HI. Jan

Jan Tönjes wrote:
[...]

The point is this message:
 Aug  8 11:53:18 alitoh tuner 0-004b: type set to tda8290+75a
The driver expects another tuner. Looks like we have another case of
hardware changes without changing the PCI ID.
Please try forcing the card types 87 and 88 by giving the commands
rmmod saa7134-dvb
rmmod saa7134
modprobe saa7134 card=87
modprobe saa7134-dvb
You need to do this *before* you do any action with the dvb device.
other wise, you need to replug the card or power cycle the PC.

Hartmut

Hi!

That was it! card=88 worked. Thanks a lot for your help!
If you need any more information for improoving the automatic detection of the right card type, please contact me :-)

Have a nice weekend...

Did you test anlog TV and the baseband inputs too?
I would like to ask you to live with his for a while since i can't just add the
PCI ID.

Hartmut