Re: Re: Unable to find symbol mt352_attach()

On Saturday 12 August 2006 15:45, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> > From: Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > On Saturday 12 August 2006 13:27, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> > > since about 30.07.07 the hg drivers seem to be broken for Airstar2 and
> > > Pinnacle PCTV 300i I think the reason is in both cases the "Unable to
> >
> > find
> >
> > > symbol mt352_attach()"
> > >
> > > on this machine Siemens DVB-C + TT 1500C are working, but not the
> >
> > Airstar2:
> >
> > Try turning "Attach frontends.." in Kconfig off and rebuild to see if
> > that makes it go away. I think if the various kernel support files
> > (system.map, modules.deps etc) ain't right, it fails.
>
> yes, this works! Does this mean I have now the same behaviour as in older
> drivers? or are there any disadvantages?

Yeah; the only disadvantage is that it'll load all the demod modules
referenced by that driver... so a bit of wasted memory really.

> How could the attach function be
> solved for mt352?

It /should/ be working.. I need to do some investigation into what breaks it
really; just not had the time yet.

Perhaps we should switch the default to 'N' for the meantime tho.