Re: can i help for the pinnacle pctv400e DVB-S USB ?!

Hi Andrea,

About one year ago I started to work on it, but gave up because I haven't
had any information about demodulator and tuner. This completely changed
now, because, as you correctly stated, every single piece of the
"Frontend" is now supported.

I have some information about the FX2 for this device, but it is 1 year
old and has maybe changed.

I extracted the firmware using the windows driver and usbsnoop. I called
the file "dvb-usb-pctv-400e-01.fw", but didn't make it public.

I started to implement the firmware interface in the driver, by knowing
that the interface is almost similar to the ttusb-interface. I think I
still have the corresponding dvb-usb-code at home - I'll take a look.

However I also heard, that there are some problems with the device,
hardware or software (Windows). Maybe in the meantime there is a new
Windows-driver from Pinnacle, which is changing the whole
firmware-interface (instead of isochronous maybe bulk is used, maybe
also some requests).

To figure that out, one needs to do more usbsnooping.

Hope that helps,
Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx