Re: Error compiling v4l-dvb

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Ralf Schneider wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 6. August 2006 16:55 schrieb Ralf Schneider:
>
> OK, I added an additional #include line for linux/mm.h to em28xx-core.c and
> the compile finished without any further error. Then I executed "make

This is a known problem with pre 2.6.15 kernels, but the patch hasn't been
merged yet:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/compat?cmd=changeset;node=83fca1d980ef;style=gitweb

> install" and "make reload". The second produces a lot of errors saying
> "Unknown symbol". So I tried to reboot. After the system came up again I
> found the following lines in the outpu of dmesg:

Check the dates the modules named and make sure they were all built at the
same time.  This problem is almost always because you have a mix of both
old and new modules installed.

> What might be the problem? Could my old kernel version (2.6.13) be a problem?

The cx88 driver should work back to 2.6.12.