Re: VP-2031 Conax support and tuning problems(again)

Hmm, now the latest give me(make install):
/sbin/depmod -a 2.6.17.7
WARNING: Module /lib/modules/2.6.17.7/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst_ca.ko ignored, due to loop WARNING: Loop detected: /lib/modules/2.6.17.7/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst.ko needs dst_ca.ko which needs dst.ko again! WARNING: Module /lib/modules/2.6.17.7/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst.ko ignored, due to loop

Raido wrote:
Hey,

Sorry to bother with something potentially stupid, but I need to know whether it is possible to successfully use a Conax CAM with the Twinhan CAB-CI. I have not been able to get it to work with some older drivers(czap gets a lock, but can't get anything out of it, either with mythtv or dvbstream), my three FTA channels work. With the latest(main and dvbalgo) ones the card does not tune anymore so no channels whatsoever. With the ones from a couple of months ago, I needed to remove the DST_TYPE_HAS_TS204 option from linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst.c, but the new ones are structured a bit differently and it does seem that TS188 is detected(I guess that ought to be correct). Anyway scan doesn't get any channels an trying to use the channels.conf it created earlier, I get "Problem retrieving frontend information: Operation not supported" with zap and czap just doesn't get a lock. Though the CAM is recognized as a Conax 4.00e. But dst_test gives ioctl failed errors with p,s,g flags and doesn't see the CAM with -a. Although from dmesg I saw the CAM being recognized with the old drivers also(at some point), but zap definately behaved differently and dind't make notice of the CAM.

Kernels are custom 2.6.16.2 for the older more or less functional and 2.6.17.7 for the newer drivers, Debian testing AMD64. I'm in Estonia and the service provider is Starman and naturally I have a legal and paid for SmartCard(which I really haven't used so far).

So I guess the first thing I need to know is what I have to do to get the card tuning again and then move on to the CAM. If there is no support currently, then I'm happy to help with testing ... or something. You'll probably need more info from me, so please go ahead and ask :).

Enjoy the summer,
Raido